Saturday, November 8, 2008

I had some time to myself yesterday....

I work in the town that I grew up in..so yesterday was payday and a good reason for me go to this place and to take my camera and get some pictures of the fall colors and some of the river. There is a bluff in this little town that over looks the Ohio River and you can see far into Kentucky...mainly farmland..but its beautiful. I absolutely love to sit on the bluff and watch the water..bridge and just do nothing but sit. Its very peaceful and quiet. I go there anytime I have a chance to. I'm waiting for the chance to go up there..set up my tripod and get a shot of the full moon. When you are up on the bluff it looks like the moon is right over top of you...almost so much that you can touch it. Its magical. That is one shot that I have not been able to get...and something I need to do. I love to watch the moon.
Anywho..I took these pictures from different sides of the town. The picture of the gate..someone built a huge house on the bluff and its incredible...I just look at it and think "who needs that much room?" but its nice to take pictures of. The other shot is of a house on the other side of town. Its an older house with so much character..and a front porch to die for. The view is beautiful. That place is more my speed. I could set out on that porch drinking coffee..or if need be a margarita and relax. I hope you enjoy these shots.



No comments: