Friday, July 4, 2008

Journey

Today I am finishing up the paint and decorating my kitchen..I just want to be finished with all this mess and want it done before we leave on vacation. Coming back to a clean house is what I like. Plus as soon as we come back it will be Samuel and Katie's 5 year old Birthday Bash. My house will be busting at the seems. We were going to have it at the park....but things have been crazy for Stevie and I...so planning went out the window. She is going to come over and help me get things ready and just have it here. The kids can swim, play on the trampoline and the million toys this kids has ( he isn't rotten or anything) and run like animals in my yard. So I have a feeling that when I get home I just won't be motivated enough to get it all done....so I better do it now! I love my new kitchen...its so pretty! Laz is surprised that the colors I picked out really work. I wanted a darker orange-red color.. Now he likes it. HA! Told ya so! Well I have to finish up the trim and get all my pretties out and hung up. My favorite thing about the new kitchen....my countertops. They rock out!
I have taken a few pictures that I am extremely proud of the past few months..I am going to get them printed up and framed and they are going up on the wall in the kitchen. Maybe one of my sunset shots..I don't know yet. After its all finished I will blog some new pictures of the kitchen. I wish I had Jess fisheye lens...then you guys could see the kitchen...all of it in one shot......I so need that lens.......
So anyhoo...I have been listening to a bunch of 80-90's music today. Debbie Gibson, Extreme, Lisa Lisa and cult Jam, Bon Jovi, Bobby Brown...yes I admitted to it! Alanis Morrisette..You Outta Know..my FAV! and then there is Journey.....Listening to a ton of that while I am painting.....One of my favorite song of Journey is "Open Arms...I even like the Mariah Carey version! Its just a great song with great lyrics. I love the steve perry version the best...but youtube will not give the code to the video...so I am going to have to use the video off all the front men of Journey....don't want to but will do it...Everyone have a great 4th of July.

">

Lying beside you, here in the dark
Feeling your heart beat with mind
Softly you whisper, youre so sincere
How could our live be so blind
We sailed on together
We drifted apart
And here you are by my side

So now I come to you, with open arms
Nothing to hide, believe what I say
So here I am with open arms
Hoping youll see what your love means to me
Open arms

Living without you, living alone
This empty house seems so cold
Wanting to hold you, wanting you near
How much I wanted you home

But now that youve come back
Turned night into day
I need you to stay.



No comments: