Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The journey to this day.....

To get to this day has been a long long journey. Erica and I both have boys and they are six months apart in age and they are the best of friends just like their mommy's. We have always known each other through other people...but she started working with me when she was 7-8 months preggers with Luke...and Samuel was a tiny baby. That is when we began our journey of friendship.
Its weird how you just know about people. I had seen her at Holiday World a few years before we had babies and we all said Hi to each other...and even then I knew she would be one of my best friends...I just knew it...didn't know how..but I knew! Funny thing is she said she felt the same way. Some people are just connected that way. I swear..I can always tell when she is having trouble or just needing me. I will call her and she is like.."what the hell!" It freaks her out! Now that she is preggers and has all these hormones and they are tuned in let me tell ya. I swear she has me lowjacked!!! I can be upset...worried..really really pissed or just being bad and she knows! She called me out of the blue one day and said "What did you do?" I said "Damn your just like my mom..she knew what I was going to do before I did it!" She completely gets my whacked out raunchy sick sense of humor.Its really bad. I don't usually let that side of me out..but when I'm with her..I can completely be me...because she is the same way.
But that is how we are. She is always there for me no matter what is going on and I'm there for her.
Now we have shared many heartbreaks...tears..laughs..and sorrows..happy and sad stories. This is odd but I have literally been with her when she had 2 miscarriages. Erica called me on my birthday (Feb 2) to tell me that she thought she was pregnant. I told her I already knew that. I could just tell. I was the only one other than her hubby and mom that knew about this. I kept it secret for months. Now I have become attached to this little girl that will be here in about 5 wks ...if she will just stay in there! I call her Chloe or the Chloster! No that is not her name..but that is what I call her. Now even Erica calls her Chloe. I can't wait to see her. Erica will have a C-section at the end of Sept. I'm going to be there with my camera in hand..to take Chloe's first picture. This is kinda like the little girl I will never have...so I will get to take part in her life...and be her Aunt Menca! Erica and I do agree on one thing. She is going to be a hell raiser and we are going to have to be on our game to keep her in line. Matter of fact we talked about this at 2am this morning. We are going to have to remember all of our old tricks that we used to use...and that got us in trouble..Because we know she is going to do the very same thing....we were bad! We hope to keep her out of trouble..and hope that Luke and Samuel will help us.





No comments: