Sunday, June 1, 2008

Swim Day..More like Burnt my Self to DEATH day


This past Friday Samuel and I went to see Erica and Luke. We planned on letting the boys swim until they passed out...but the water was still a cold 70 degrees and that was at 2pm. Finally I just let him in after 2 hrs our begging and pleading and driving me to drink. I figure when he turns into a blueberry I will just pull him out. Heck we are both nurses I think we will be ok. He got to swim for about 45 min and then that was it...he did start to look like a blueberry.
Erica and I sat out on the patio and just watched the kids play, snacked on chips and snuck a twinke when the boys were not looking. She is pregnant and can eat that crap....i just went along for the ride. I had been good all week...one twinke won't kill me. Then I worked on her computer downloading some stuff that she needed. I did not realize that I was getting burnt to a crisp. I went into the house to pee and I look in the mirror and about freaked. I looked like a french fry. Ohh I knew I was in for some pain. I got home and got a shower and then it really hit me. Laz had to put some aloe stuff with lidocain on my back and shoulders. It only felt good for about 2 seconds. Then I took some Tylenol and tried to sleep. Ohh when I got up for work and tried to get ready I could not even wear a bra. Not that anyone would see me at work.....they are old and its dark. I found a tank top with a built in bra thing and that would just have to do. When I got to work and got busy I became sorta grouchy because I was hurting so bad. Erica called that next morning at 5:30 am while she was getting ready for work and said "have you ever seen a pregnant tator tot?" She was sun burnt too. The boys also got alot of sun, but we put sunscreen on them.
I swear I have not had a sunburn like this since I was 15 or 16 years old working in tobacco. Well its been two days and I am brown as a biscuit with just a little red. My skin does still hurt but is much better now. We had a great time and if we are all healed I hope to actually swim next Friday. Well I have to get off of here and get some sleep. My counter tops and sink are going to be here between 7am-8am and I would like to get up and sit on the porch and have my coffee before they get here. Everyone have a great day.

Me and my mad little boy



Tator Tot and French Fry




Erica and Luke


Sammy was mad at me because he had to get out...he was turning blue.


The Good Stuff

No comments: