Monday, October 6, 2008

Kinda Lazy Weekend..not really...

Saturday and Sunday we worked in the backyard. We were putting a building up for the bikes, Samuel's toys and stuff for the pool. Our yard goes downhill and it was a bitch trying to level the ground so this building would be straight. I can't stand for things to be crooked or off balance so I had no patience for this what so ever. Plus I had been up since Friday morning @ 5:30 am and this was Saturday eve...and I was getting tired of it fast. I got really quiet..because I was getting ready to scream. Thank goodness Laz could handle the madness. He kept me from freaking out. Samuel had a blast though. He was helping Daddy move dirt, pick up rocks and whatever else he thought he could do. When we all finally made it into the house..we looked like we rolled in the dirt. When supper was over Laz took a shower..Samuel passed out in is room and I fell asleep at the dinner table. Yeah! I passed out with my head on the table. Laz got out of the shower and I heard him laughing. I woke up and had mascara on my arm and I was checking for drool. I was so tired and had been up for way to long. After my shower..we went to bed at 9pm and I don't even remember moving..turning over or anything. Next thing I know Samuel is between the both of us wanting oatmeal and Noggin at 7am. I could have slept three more hours.
We made it to church..Lowes..and Taco Bell and then home. Laz watched the race until Jeff Gordon got all smashed up :) He! He! Then he and Trent went outside to start on the building..again. This time I stayed in the house. I watched the race, fixed the roast..did laundry and cleaned house...and work on some photo's. So I guess the weekend was not too lazy after all. But we did get to stay home and did not have to be anywhere other than church. That was a nice change of pace.






Samuel painting...he was so into it!


It took me an hour or more to cut up everything to go into this roast. Of course we could not eat it Sunday night...but I let it cook all night and we just had it for supper tonight. Ohh and I actually baked a cake from scratch..not from a box. Noni thinks I have lost my mind. I never even attempt to do that. I can cook..but Im not Betty Crocker! Baking is not my thing usually.




This is my new toy. I waited a year before I decided to buy it. I really needed a bigger screen for my editing. The color is great and I can see everything I need to see.

No comments: