Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe.......

Last night Janette and I went out on a long overdue girls night out. It has been months and months since we had been out and talked and caught up on what has been going on in our lives. We went to Texas Roadhouse and had appetizers. I had a huge Margarita..could not have come at a better time....and Nettie had a beer. After sitting there for awhile and talking about our crazy lives....we headed over to Wally World to get candy..ohh and me some new lip gloss (Tropical Punch)best one I have ever gotten...taste good. Anyhoo! We went to the movies. The only chick flick they had was Nights in Rodanthe. Ok...I kinda knew what I was walking into because this book is from the author that wrote Message in a Bottle, and (my fav) The Notebook. I don't want to give to much of it away because those that read my blog may want to go and see this movie. But all three of these movies have similar things in common. The beach....writing letters...and a love so strong and binding that it shakes your very soul. Janette and I were the only people in the theater. Thank the Lord for that....because we both were crying so hard..it would have been embarrassing. I was trying to hold it in so hard that I thought I was going to explode. I have not cried that hard in a month or two. More than likely not a good movie for me to be watching...kinda emotional ..The lead actress in this movie was so good. To watch her cry and grieve was truly amazing. You could actually feel every emotion she was going through.....
I woke up this morning with my eyes so swollen that it looked like I had water injected into my eyelids....and they have hurt all day....and getting worse the longer this night drags on. If you get a chance go and see this movie. Take some Kleenex and Visine.
Watching this movie..I have actually learned a few things about love...or not really learned but had to be reminded. A good love is supposed to make you better than what you are. A good love makes you want to be a better person....a good love makes anything almost possible.



No comments: