Sunday, October 26, 2008

List of Happy

What has made me happy this past week...I will try to keep this simple...try!

My son got 100% on is math test.

I got White chocolate raspberry and peppermint mocha coffee creamer.

Friday after my shoot..I was watching the sun peak through the clouds and it was beautiful.

One more person in this world told me they understand me better...always a plus.

Watched my son pick up leaves in the yard.

I had a banana pudding shake....a friend told me about it..so I had to try it.

My fall clothes are too big...Yeah!!!

Erica's laugh..when we talk about being on the "crazy train express" and we are sitting in the back seat...and wonder how we can get up front to get off the train!

I got to watch Sex and the City and it was great.

Noni and I laughed as we read bumper stickers on myspace...We could do that all day..I had not laughed like that in weeks.

Watching my son eat 2 big pancakes..my biscuit...3 chicken nuggets and fries..THAT Never Happens...

My family and one of my best friend's family went to the apple fest and dinner...we had a great time. Erica and I even got to go to Wally world alone without kids. We felt like we were 16 again.

I fell asleep on the couch with the fireplace going.

Was kissed by the man I love.......felt like sunshine on my skin....

Sleeping on my flannel sheets....

Being so thankful for the wonderful God given friends that I have...they are the best.
Talking with a great old friend.......

Listening to my windchimes and the wind blow through the trees.

Taking a bubble bath when the house is quiet....other than my music playing.

Having lunch with Janette.....

Sitting on my porch having coffee..

One of my photographs won an award.....

I got a cheap ring that I have wanted forever. For $7.99.....Instead of 30 bucks...

My son gave me big hugs and let me hold his hand.

Got a really great hair cut! I thought it was too short...but I have had more compliments on my hair like this....then when it was long.....Punked Out is what my friends call it. I love it!! It just needs a couple of red streaks and Im good to go.

Listened to "Heavenly Day" by Patty Griffin in the car....always relaxes me....

Sat in the quiet a few times this week...just to listen to my own thoughts and my own feelings.......attempted to center myself. Not an easy thing for me to do. But I did it and I was happy with myself for making the effort to even try....

I have discovered Beethoven's Immortal Beloved......here are a few lines

Be calm, only by a clam consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together - Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell. Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.
ever thine
ever mine
ever ours

That is the stuff that can melt a womans heart...I'm a sucker for poetry or writing from the heart....can't believe I admitted I like mushy girl stuff.

This may seem like a silly list with silly things.....but its just stuff that rolles around in my head. We always complain about what upsets us or messes up our days...so why not be thankful for the small things that keep us sane...

1 comment:

Noni Bell said...

Ya know, I need to do this. There ARE so many things that we complain about....I love it that they are the simple things that can pull us back from the edge of insanity. I'm glad you can find things that make you happy....even happier that I can be a small part of what you find happiness in....Love ya Chick! {{{Hugs}}}