Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Healing....

I have finally reached a place of healing in my life. I have needed healing of all sorts. Emotionally..Mentally..and Physically. The physical healing hit me like a Mack Truck. I didn't expect to nearly die when I had my gall bladder taken out in December. Ohh the mess it caused. I was so swollen..cut up and bruised. It was nasty! These pictures are from Jan 3, 2009. I had my surgery Dec 19, 2008. This is not pretty so be prepared...BLAH!!! My muscles (the fascia) had to be stitched back together and they were soo uneven..And if you notice..so is the incision!

Before:




After: April 20,2009

Noni just took these for me. Its amazing how different my stomach and the incision looks. But I still hate it! I'm very aware of it everyday. But I kinda look at it as Karma. I was a big ol horses ass this year and well what goes around comes back around. And this scar reminds me everyday of what I have done wrong and what I don't want to ever do again. So I guess it serves a purpose. I think that is what you call a "Godsmack".

I'm still sore above my navel...but it gets better the more I do. I have not attempted sit ups yet..But I have been doing a yoga move. It's called the "Thinking position". My friend Erica showed me how to do it. She says it builds your core. I was thinking "whatever!" until I tried it. WOWZERS!! It's harder than it seems. You have to get into the push up position..put your elbows and forearms on the floor under you body. Keep your feet like you would when you are doing push ups..Lower your butt and back down. Your body must stay horizontal..Then you hold it. Harder than it sounds. Ron..Erica's husband was in the Army and he said this is what was done to them for torture....to make them think before they made another stupid mistake. I can understand why now! I'm up to 45 seconds....doesn't sound like alot..but it is! Try it and you will understand!


1 comment:

Noni Bell said...

Yeah I can see it...But I can also see that the scar you look at needs to remind you that you have come full circle and that you lived. Not everyone can say they literally got a second chance to live. Take it and hold on to that and try not to take that for granted......Besides, you can't die...if you die, I die and I'm not ready to go yet!!!! LOL!! Love ya!